If you have ever been a part of digital marketing or you are just someone who has started their own website, a small business or just a YouTube channel, you must have definitely come across the term SEO i.e. search engine optimization or as most like to call it the holy grail of online success.
But then again if you are among most noobs who are baffled by this term, then you have come to the right place!
So what exactly is SEO? Well for starters, it’s not as complicated as it sounds. The goal of seo is to improve your websites ranking on search results so that you get noticed and your potential customers find you easily resulting in an increase in your sales.
Various search engines like Google, Bing, yahoo, etc use algorithms to push the most relevant results on the top of the search results page to provide the users with exactly what they came there for.
You cannot crack the algorithms these search engines use, however you can use webmasters to increase your chance of being on top. SEO is a process of optimizing different websites while focusing on metadata rather than just the content.
Guess what? Google has been kind enough to even put out a search engine optimization starter guide to help websites! Great isn’t it? Once again Google has come to our rescue and saved the day!
Nonetheless, here are a few basics of SEO:
- The first thing you need to do is identify your target audience and determine the keywords that they might use during their search on Google. Thus targeting the essential keywords in the process. You can use the google keyword planner tool for keyword research.
- Also if you are running a business or you have a website and you’ve just started learning about SEO then, you should create a Google webmaster account. This will help you add to your site easily and make Google aware of it.
- There are many online tools or site map generators that quickly allow you to create site maps, making your task a bit easier.
- Google webmaster account also gives you an idea of how Google sees your website while also suggesting you HTML improvements or pointing out errors on your website.
- The Google webmaster account will also give you an idea of how others see you on the search page.
- If you want be among the top rankings then, you need to navigate and structure your entire website in a logical order. Assembling your WebPages this way will help to easily rank your keywords. Not only will that but this also ensure a good user experience.
- Having a good title is very important. Add the keywords in your title. This will increase your click through rate. Getting more clickthroughs can get Google to move you on the top of the search page.
- Also make sure that the important keywords flow smoothly in your content. Don’t just throw in the words as this can easily backfire in the world of SEO.
- Add the keywords to your heading tags.
- Heading tags are very important not only for Google to understand your webpage but will also help you capture the attention of your target audience.
- But do not go overboard with it all. You do not want to confuse people with the overuse of the keywords.
- Optimize every single webpage on your website individually. They should be informative and unique.
- You need to optimize the images on your WebPages too.
- The way you internally link your WebPages is very important too.
- Conversion rates are a very important part of SEO. You want people to consume your web copy effectively in order to convert them into potential customers.
It’s possible that you must have come across the terms on page and off page optimization in SEO and now you are more confused than ever.
But why worry when we are here to make your life easier!
Off page optimization is nothing but using tactics to improve the ranking of the website through promotion , by creating high quality backlinks, etc.
Whereas on the other hand on page optimization refers to optimizing the website internally by improving the meta data or the actual content. Yes! It’s that simple and because we want you to succeed and do even better,
Below mentioned are a few tips to grow your traffic, boost your ranking and increase sales:
- Target keywords with minimum 300 to 10000 mo/per search
- Do not forget to add the keywords in the title, image alt text and the heading.
- Share your content or market you website on social media platforms like facebook, Instagram, pinterest,etc
- Make sure your website is mobile responsive and user friendly
- Uninstall useless plug-in
- Minimize pop ups or advertisements
- Be active and engage with your audience.
Here are a few mistakes to avoid in SEO:
- Avoid black hat and unethical marketing tactics
- You do not want to get hit with a penalty, do not buy links for the sake of getting back links
- Don’t stuff keywords into your content just for the sake of it.
- Don’t buy social media followers or fake shares
- Create optimal content but don’t plagiarize it from someone else.
Above all never forget that the key to a great success will always be customer satisfaction!
So now that you know about the perfect recipe for SEO, go ahead and conquer the world!